Friday, May 13, 2011

Mommy Journals Part 1

OK, so Phoenix is showing quite a few girly-girl tendencies, and being more of a tomboy this puts me in a weird place. I refuse to be one of those parents that treats their kids like freaks if they don't act just like them, and I can't really pass the ball to Jeremy on this one, so I've made a choice...
... to study the basics of girly-girlism... 

Lesson one, hair. I find that my mom has a few really cute hair accessories, and I honestly have no clue how to use them. I'm really not exaggerating, I could probably make a comedic video of me trying to put these things on my own hair. 

I started by going online and watching some videos. I scared Jeremy. He heard a video playing on my laptop and came by saying "oh, what are you watching sweety" and I got completely defensive and secretive "Why! why do you need to know what I'm watching!!! ~growl~". I think this is the first time I've ever acted like that as I am normally very open and don't really have anything to hide. The truth is I don't even know why I acted like that. This is just so new to me I was thrown off guard!

So I discovered today that not only was I clueless about accessories, but there is a whole world of "product" that I was blissfully ignorant about. I'll start small here. 

Since Phoenix's hair is the same texture as mine I figure I can experiment with my hair for now. 

I do have a small number of girly-girl female friends, I might turn to them once I have a little more experience with some of these terms and ideas. I would probably just be a deer in the headlights right now if I tried to approach them. 

Well, it's the start of a very weird journey for me. I'm scared and alone, but I know my relationship with my daughter will be better in the future if I can at least understand a little bit of this world. 
Here goes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment