Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Part 3: I cut Jeremy's Hair!


It makes me very happy to know that Jeremy trusts me enough to allow me to try this. If you can see the pictures above, I cut Jeremy's hair and it came out "not terrible/ okay". Just to put this in context, Jeremy's hair was long and down past his shoulders before I cut it (I should have taken a before pic). 

I think this experience was really good for a number of reasons:
1. It will save us money if I can get better at this and cut his (and maybe the kid's hair) regularly. 
2. I learned how to section hair properly which will help me when I start trying to figure out different styles
3. I learned about the importance of hair texture, thickness, and directionality; again all these will help me when I try to tackle styles.
4. Just the act of manipulating his hair made me more aware and confident of how to approach styling in the future :)

All in all we were both happy with the outcome and I am one step further in my journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment