Sunday, April 26, 2015

Makeup Supplies - Foundational Problems :)

OK, just to make it clear how little I use make-up, when I looked at the makeup I still owned, I realized that I had bought most of it back before the turn of the millennium! I realized I had to throw it all away. I had to buy new items little by little so I wouldn't hurt the family budget.

The hardest thing for me was foundation. I tried going one of those make-up counters but I hated all of them. It made me feel like I was wearing a huge mask. Even though I'm aging now, my skin isn't horrible, so I decided to skip the foundation for now and just work on finding a decent concealer. I currently own 3.

At first I didn't like how they looked, it still looked very mask like. Then I learned how to use a bit less and the all powerful "blending" process. This really helped me feel better about it. I bought a little concealer brush which I find is the most helpful for me to blend with. For some reason the sponge just doesn't have the same ease. I think it might soak up too much as I'm trying to blend.

The skin under my eyes is usually dry. I did buy special eye cream which is fine, but I find that the concealer sometimes adds to the dryness. I still haven't had a chance to buy translucent powered, and I worry that it will add to the dry issue, but I still am curious to see how it will look. I also want to look into BB cream, which is tinted and may provide moisture, though I'm not sure if I can use it as a concealer. Again, since funds are limited I can only do a little at a time. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment