Sunday, April 26, 2015

Makeup Supplies- My Little Red Kit

Since I threw out all of my previous makeup I decided that it would be best to get one of those little kits that come with blush, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, lipstick and gloss. I like the one I bought but so far I mostly use the blush, for a number of reasons. The blush colors are great and it even comes with some bronzer for me to play with in the future.

I've only used the eyeshadow once so far, when I was playing with my girls. I learned very quickly that I suck at eyeshadow! I will need to watch more videos or invite someone over, because videos might not be enough for how bad I am at it. 

As for the lips sticks and gloss, the only reason I don't really use the ones in the kit is because I had previously purchased a few, and I would rather use these for now. I worked hard at finding a nice tinted lip balm (because I tend to let my lips get dry if I'm not careful) and Burt's Bees really hit the mark for me. I also bought a set of their lip gloss which are pretty and subtle, just add a little pop, which is nice on days when I don't feel like doing my whole face. Since I'm so happy with the ones I'm currently using I think it would be a waste to get germs on the ones in the set. It will take me a while to work my way through the ones I'm using now, so the ones in the set can remain covered until I have burned through some of my current supply. 

While I like the kit to experiment with at home, I must admit that when I am going out dolled up, it is not very convenient. I can easily pack my concealer and lipstick in my bag, but I can't bring the huge tray that holds all the blush. I plan on buying one compact blush so I can put that in my purse for my travel bag. Of course, since I don't go out all that much this is not a huge problem for me :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment